Ninja Forms, one fo the most popular form builder plugins for WordPress with over 1 million active users.
If you run a blog or a website, you might already know all the benefits that come with having a dedicated contact form.
It can help incorporate a factor of reachability, availability, security, as well as user engagement on your website. In fact, it is one of the most essential modules of any website.
That’s why here we will be taking a look into Ninja Forms WordPress form builder plugin. You can download the free Ninja Form plugin here.
WordPress, although a very powerful CMS, doesn’t come with any default options to help you create contact forms or any sort of forms for that matter.
You will have to install a dedicated plugin to help you create forms for your WordPress website/blog. Now, there are plenty of plugins advertised to help you build forms on your website, but for this particular read, we have chosen Ninja Forms.
Ninja Forms is one of the most popular Form Builder plugins and has over a million downloads. It packs in a whole lot of awesome features.
For example, you will get a drag and drop builder for creating forms. Besides this, there are also plenty of other features which makes it very popular amongst beginners, or people coming from a non-developer background.
With that being said, let’s now take a more comprehensive overview of everything the plugin has to offer:
Comprehensive Setting Panel
Once installed, Ninja Forms will add a dedicated control panel in your WordPress dashboard from where you can control all the settings and options.
The UI is extremely good looking and intuitive allowing you to easily get a hang of all the options that have been laid down in front of you, at your disposal.
You will get full control to fine-tune every part of your forms with any hassle. The individual fields, submit actions, and emails can all be tweaked effortlessly from a single panel.
This is not just a contact form builder, the contact form is just a part of the overall plugin. You can create almost any type of form that will need on your site.
For example, you can create a
- contact form
- Feedback forms
- Post submission forms
- Event registration
- Email subscription form
- Online payment form
- And more
Developer Friendly Options
With the use of an intuitive design, drag and drop builder, and plenty of easy to use options, Ninja Forms effectively caters to its non-developer demographic. But that does mean developers won’t be enjoying themselves with the plugin.
If you come from a coding background, then you will really appreciate the hundreds of functions, action hooks, and filters that are thrown in with the plugin. Developers can use them to add their own custom functionalities to make the plugin even more feature-rich.
Ninja Forms is completely free to use the plugin. The abundance of settings, the drag and drop form builder, and the intuitive UI is all given to you for free.
However, they have also left another option for paid add-ons or extensions to add far more powerful functionalities to your forms.
In total, Ninja Forms features over 40 extensions; each of them specializing to provide you certain advanced functionalities. Here is a brief look at all the extensions and how they can help you to better run your WordPress website.
Email Marketing & Newsletters
Nearly a dozen of all the extensions that you get with the plugin is dedicated to providing you a diverse collection of email marketing and campaigning tools.
- With the MailChimp and Sendy integration, you will be expanding your email list in no time.
- You also turn your WordPress forms into CleverReach forms using the specific add-on.
- Constant Contact is ready to help you customize your signup forms and make them more engaging.
- Create stunning newsletters with Campaign Monitor, or Emma email marketing services.
- Automate your email marketing campaigns using AWeber, Active Campaign, or ConvertKit – whichever tool you like.
- EmailOctopus, another email management solution that provides email marketing automation, integration, and analytics, is also built-in.
Some of the Ninja Forms extensions also allows you to take payments using WordPress forms.
- PayPal Express integration allows you to add a payment button to your WordPress forms. Customers, after filling out a form, will be redirected to PayPal to complete the transaction in a secure fashion.
- Your customers might not have a PayPal account, and forcing them to create on might affect your conversion rates. Instead, why not allow them to pay using their credit cards. Well, with the Stripe and Elavon integration with Ninja Forms, you can do that effortlessly.
You have built up your email list, you have loads of customers buying stuff from your website, now it is time to manage them.
You will want to build and manage a positive relationship between you and your customers, so that return to your site. This is managed with the use of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software.
Now, Ninja Forms offers a load of different extensions that help integrate it with all the popular and powerful CRM solutions in the market.
There are a bunch of different extensions which will help you to connect with:
- Zoho CRM.
- Capsule CRM.
- Insightly CRM.
- SalesForce CRM.
- PipelineDeals CRM.
- Highrise CRM.
- OnePage CRM.
Team Management and User Management Solutions
There are also a couple of extensions which will help you with managing your teams as well as your user base.
- Trello Extension: You can enable this to create Trello cards from your Ninja Forms submission.
- Slack Extension: The plugin will help you get Slack notifications through your Ninja Forms.
- User Management: User Management will enable 3 new WordPress forms and 3 new actions to provide a full suite of options to better manage users on your site.
- Recurly: With Recurly and Ninja Forms, you can create subscription forms on your WordPress website which will introduce your visitors to a subscription management system of Recurly.
All the extensions we just talked about are merely the tip of the iceberg. There are even more add-ons to help include far more advanced options to your WordPress website.
- File upload extension allows users to upload and save files to your server, media library, or even on Dropbox and Amazon S3.
- Extensions like User Analytics can collect user data on form submission whereas Intelligence WP will integrate Google Analytics into Ninja Forms.
- PDF Form Submission extension can create standardized PDF copies of any form submission without hassle.
- Option to export your Form Submissions as a spreadsheet is also provided thanks to Excel Export extension.
- There is the Zapier or Webhooks extension which you can use to integrate almost any external service in minutes, without the need of any code.
- Extensions like ClickSend and Twilio SMS can help you send SMS to anyone who submits a form.
- There are even extensions to Save Progress of filling out a form, Popular documents and digital papers/contracts using WebMerge, and so on.
Form Building Options
All these extensions can help supercharge your WordPress Forms with a host of awesome and powerful functionalities.
But what about the look and feel of each of these forms? Well, there are also extensions to help you tweak around with the design of the forms, as well as configure how they function.
- The conditional Logic extension allows you to build smart and dynamic forms which are interactive.
- Multi-Part Forms extension can help you break a single form into multiple pages.
- Layout and Styles extension helps you to create multi-column form layouts which can be beautifully stylized using CSS.
Now as we mentioned, all of this extension is paid. You have the option to buy them individually or go with some bundles.
Here is a detailed look at the different pricing plans for the extensions of the plugin.